The Life Insurance Association of Malaysia (LIAM), Persatuan Insurans Am Malaysia (PIAM) and the Malaysian Takaful Association (MTA) have established the COVID-19 Test Fund (CTF) to support the Ministry of Health's (MoH) efforts to conduct more COVID-19 testing for the benefit of medical insurance policyholders and takaful certificate holders. RM8 million has been pledged by the insurance and takaful industry to this fund.
Medical insurance policyholders and takaful certificate holders may apply for reimbursement up to a maximum of RM300 for COVID-19 testing (one reimbursement per individual) to maximize the number of tests that can be supported by the CTF.
Requirements & Eligibility
- Insurance policyholders and takaful participants with group/individual medical and health insurance policies and takaful certificates who undergo COVID-19 tests at recognised private labs listed on MoH's COVID-19 website.
- The CTF reimbursement is limited to one test per policy/certificate holder only and the reimbursement period is valid until 30 June 2021 or earlier, if the fund is fully utilized.
- Under the newly expanded CTF eligibility, Persons Under Investigation (PUI) and any asymptomatic policy/certificate holder is entitled to claim as follows:
For more information please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).Note: For Persons Under Investigation (PUI) (those who are at risk or referred by doctors to go for the COVID-19 test as defined by the MOH) and tests performed due to Hospital Admission for Emergency and Semi-Emergency cases, the reimbursement rate remains unchanged i.e. up to a maximum of RM300 per test per individual.
CTF covers Covid-19 tests done during emergency & semi-emergency surgeries. Click here for more information.
To apply for CTF, you must submit your claim through CTF portal at www.myCTF.my by completing the online form and uploading the supporting documents.
The following documents are needed to make a claim:
- Completed COVID-19 Test Claim Form using the downloaded claims form from www.MyCTF.my (Download Claims Form), OR
Doctor's referral letter / Medical Advisory Note for home testing services via DoctorOnCall or Doctor2U to indicate you are required to do COVID-19 test, OR
Order For Supervision And Observation At Home Form (As per 14a of Guidelines COVID-19 Management in Malaysia No.05/2020 issued by Ministry of Health). Click here to see the sample.
- Receipt of payment for Covid-19 test
- Identity card (front & back)
- Laboratory report
- All documents are to be uploaded into the portal by using a scanned copy or photo image. Please ensure the uploaded documents are clear.
- Only 1 application is allowed for each policyholder and certificate holder.
Partnership with Covid-19 Test Labs
List of medical facilities and private labs in partnership with Covid-19 Test Fund
- Bionexus Gene Lab Sdn. Bhd., Bangsar South. https://www.bionexusgenelab.com/
Contact Number: 03 7494 0760
- BP Clinical Lab Sdn. Bhd. https://bphealthcare.com/new/
Contact Number: 03 9212 9266 / 9212 9267
- Gnosis Laboratories (M) Sdn. Bhd. http://gnosis-healthcare.com/
Contact Number: 03 5885 8501
- Gribbles Pathology Sdn Bhd, Petaling Jaya. http://www.gribbles.com.my/
Contact Number: 1-300-88-0234 *Swab test need to be done at authorized clinic. Gribbels only processes samples and do not accept walk in customers.
- MyGenome Sdn. Bhd., Kuala Lumpur. https://mygenome.asia/
Contact Number: 03 2161 6113
- Neogenix Laboratoire Sdn Bhd, Kelana Jaya. https://www.neogenix.org/
Contact Number: Contact No.: 03 7621 2154 *Swab test need to be done at authorized clinic. Neogenix only processes samples and do not accept walk in customers.
- Oncode Scientific Sdn. Bhd., Shah Alam. https://oncodesc.com/
Contact Number: 03 5525 1356
- Subang Jaya Medical Centre (SJMC) Sdn. Bhd., Subang Jaya. https://www.subangjayamedicalcentre.com/
Contact Number: 03 5639 1212
- Synapse Sdn. Bhd., Kelana Jaya. https://www.synapselaboratory.com/
Contact Number: 03 7880 8730